Friday, April 23, 2010

You have a message!



“Every happening, great and small, is a parable whereby God speaks to us, and the art of life is to get the message.”~ Malcolm Muggeridge

This morning I was feeling down because I am dealing with internal family pressures that are within my control. One day I will get the courage to deal with them. However, this afternoon I received a message that I needed to hear. Sometimes a message is gently delivered other times the message is delivered cold. My message was delievered frozen.

Today I walked to a restaurant and picked up a yummy salad (w/o dressing) and I saw a wonderful sight. With bagpipes playing like a movie sound track, the graduates from the local college were marching in rhythm towards their law school graduation ceremony. It was a wonderful vision to see people proudly donning their cap and gowns who were of every age, race and sex.

I walked along with them but I stayed across the street. The route they were taking was the same route I had to take to get to my office. This was in front of a park. So I decided to sit and watch the rest of the precession. Once the entire procession passed, I crossed the street to my job. Right before I entered my building a man dressed in a uniform looked at me and said, “That should be you.” I replied, “Maybe next year.”

Once I gathered my bearings, I asked myself, “How did he know that I had a lifelong desire to go to law school become a lawyer? Why did he tell me this message and why now?”

I believe that God, Nature, or fate tells us messages we need to hear. Sometimes we recognize it, other times we are deaf to it and sometimes we are just too afraid to acknowledge it.

Today I heard my message. Now I just have to come up with the resources to pursue it. I urge you to listen to your message.

Today I did cardio for 45 minutes. Tonight and the rest of the weekend I will lift weights/ cardio and hopefully I will do something I have not done in months, I will run. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment